i feel like i'm playing dress up in my mom's clothes when i get dressed up for work

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Glistening Morning

Working from home is something that I did while building Logicmaze 10+ years ago, and I remember the pitfalls of that when Chance was a toddler, and Baylee was a helpful big sister.

I remember it being nice because of the fact that I had a flexible schedule kinda...
(you still have to keep clients happy-otherwise you aren't working from home, you are playing on the computer while staying at home doing laundry).
But, I also remember the fact that I rarely got dressed up, I rarely got out of my lounge clothes before a meeting at say 1:00pm.

So, now that I am working from home again, it took me a little bit to get my desk area "just right", it's not perfect yet, but it is set up to keep me efficient 
(I want all my stuff done by the time my kids come home, I don't want to be stuck at my computer desk when my family is home in the evening)
So I work quickly and with a purpose to get things checked off my list.

My family also has a few stories about mom working from home, like the time, 3rd day in, when I did get dressed up, and I managed to put my shirt on inside out, and it stayed like that the entire day.

Wintry Morning at Home
Anyway, I am adjusting well, and am enjoying my job(s) working from home.

I wanted to share this picture that I took one morning, with the sun reflecting off the ice on the trees, it made me happy, so I wanted to share it.

2 comments:

  1. The best thing about working from home is definitely the wardrobe:) still in my slippers. The difficult thing is feeling isolated at times (especially when the kids are home from school and you can hear the laughter in another room). When the snowflakes were falling yesterday, it was hard to keep my mind on the importance of transmission lines. Happy Holidays! - Dot Barnett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dot! Thanks for sharing your working from home experience. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Years, hope you get time with all your girls. :)

    ReplyDelete